Wednesday, April 20, 2011

smile when it hurts most.

If I ever inherit one thing from my mother I hope it's her optimism.  She can make any bad situation "not that bad" with just a few words.  It's actually incredible.  Today she was given a lay off date of June 30th.  Her company is folding after a few years of turmoil and after the tragedy in Japan they have finally called it quits.  Instead of being depressed about it and holing herself up in her room she consoled me as I sobbed on her shoulder.  For the past 8 years her job is what has kept us afloat after my dad got sick.  This morning when she send me a text saying "lay off June 30th" even amidst my drowsiness I was unable to go back to sleep quickly instead resorting to tossing and turning and wondering and worrying about the future.  That's what I do.  I worry.  About everything and anything.  But what does she do?  She lays out her future plans.  How she plans to go back to school and perfect her English and see what comes next.

I've never been a religious person but it is so true when they say that when one door closes, another one opens.  Whether or not the big man has anything to do with it I know that it was destiny getting this job at Geico where I'll be paid a lot more money.  My mom's tired, she deserves a little bit of rest.  Even if it was unexpected.  This is only fuel to my fire to succeed.



I need to get back on my feet to make sure she can comfortably put up hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment